UltraSoft Technologies Ltd
While we have made every effort to provide accurate and up to date information on our website, the law is constantly changing and affects each person or business in different ways.
The information contained within this website is no substitute for specific advice and we will not accept liability if you rely solely on information from the website.
By accessing this website you agree to the terms and conditions set out below:
- This website is published by UltraSoft Technologies Ltd. The following statements apply to this website and all other websites from UltraSoft Technologies Ltd.
- This website is issued in the EU (including United Kingdom) and is intended for the information and use of EU residents only.
UltraSoft Technologies Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how UltraSoft Technologies Ltd collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
UltraSoft Technologies Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as UltraSoft Technologies Ltd, 'we', 'us' or 'our' in this privacy notice).
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 1st May 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data
- Includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data
- Includes company address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data
- Includes details about payments to and from you and other details of the services you use from us.
- Technical Data
- Includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data
- Includes your username and password, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data
- Includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data
- Includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions
- You may give us your Identity / Contact data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- enquire for our products and/or services
- purchage our product and/or services
- create an account on our website
- subscribe to our service or publications
- request marketing to be sent to you
- enter a survey
- apply for employment or to provide us with services
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions
- Third parties or publicly available sources.
- We may receive personal data about you from various third parties, including technical data from the following parties:
- analytics providers [such as Google based outside the EU]
- advertising networks [such as Google based outside the EU]
- search information providers [such as Google based outside the EU].
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:
|To enable you to complete a survey||
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
To perform our services to you including:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the UltraSoft Technologies Ltd group of companies for marketing purposes.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a service purchase or other transactions.
Change of purpose
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in ' How we use your personal data':
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Legitimate Interest
- Performance of Contract
- Means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- Means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Internal third parties
Other companies acting or working or processing information for on behalf of UltraSoft Technologies Ltd [acting as joint controllers or processors] and who are based in the EU.
External third parties
- Service providers [acting as processors] based in the EU who provide IT, system administration and professional bsiness services.
- Professional advisers [acting as processors or joint controllers] including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the EU who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities [acting as processors or joint controllers] based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Your legal rights
You have the right to:
- This website is for information only. Unless otherwise stated it is not intended to offer advice and is not to be taken as, in any way, offering to sell any product or provide any service.
- We retain the copyright for the pages of this website and the material and information contained in those pages, with all rights reserved by us.
- The pages of this site may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced, copied stored, transmitted or used by any party, except for the purpose of downloading for private, non-commercial, viewing purposes or where we have given our prior written consent. You must not alter anything on this website and no material from this site may be used on any other website. No links may be created to this site without our prior written consent.
- Any software is downloaded at your own risk. We do not warrant the suitability of any software which is downloaded and accept no liability for any problems with your computer that may arise as a result.
- We will not be liable for any claims, penalties, losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of, this website, its operation or transmission, computer viruses or any unauthorised access to or alteration of the website. We do not warrant that the contents of this website are compatible with all computer systems and browsers.
- We do not guarantee that any email sent to us will be received or that the contents will remain private during transmission. If you are concerned about this please consider other means of communication. You are responsible for ensuring any electronic message or information you send to us is free from any virus or defect that may harm our systems in any way.